K- Beauty and Korean cosmetic products are gaining huge popularity worldwide especially in Asian countries. There are quite a few reasons for the exponential rise in the demand of Korean beauty products such as-
- Korean skincare routine and Korean beauty products focus on improving the skin rather than disguising the flaws.
- There is a huge emphasis on natural ingredients in the Korean skincare products that do not harm the skin in the long run and ultimately provides you a healthy, glowing skin.
- Korean beauty products are manufactured using the best of technology and after a well-planned research and survey to fulfil the expectations of the consumers.
What is Korean skincare routine?
Korean skincare steps is an overall little long process that involves 10 steps as compared to American and other skincare routine and often might seem daunting and time-consuming. But once you get into the habit of following Korean skincare regime you will understand the multiple benefits that it endows on the skin and how flexible it actually depends upon your skin type and skin concern. The Korean skincare routine makes sure that every part of your face is well taken care of and properly nourished and hydrated.
Following are the 10 steps that you need to keep in mind when you are thinking of following a proper Korean skincare habit:
- Double Cleanse- Cleansing is the first and foremost essential step in any skincare routine. Korean women lay special emphasis on cleansing by using a double cleanser. Oil as well as cream based cleansers is used. Like begets like so oil based cleansers remove impurities like pollutants, excess sebum and cream based cleanser removes impurities such as dirt, sweat etc. Using these two cleansers will make your skin super clean and soft.
- Exfoliation- Exfoliation is another important step. You do not need to exfoliate daily but 2-3 times a week depending on your skin type. Exfoliation removes the dead skin cells accumulated on the skin due to exposure in the environment. Use a gentle exfoliator to scrub your skin that will unclog pores and ultimately give you a youthful and radiating skin.
- Toners- As per Korean 10 second rule, you need to apply the toner within 10 seconds of cleaning the face. The idea behind is that when you cleanse your face in lukewarm water, your pores open and so if you immediately apply the toner it will seep inside your skin and give you better results. Toners help in reducing the size of the pores and in keeping your skin hydrated. You can apply it with your hands and pat into the skin, or apply with a cotton ball or pad.
- Essences- Essence is quite a popular Korean skincare product. It is slightly less concentrated than serum and it prepares the skin for the next Korean skincare step. It makes your skin plump, hydrated and easier to absorb serum. Essence moisturizes the skin and keeps it hydrated throughout the day.
- Serums/ Ampoules- Serums and Ampoules have a thick consistency as compared to essence. They are made up of active ingredients that target specific skin concerns such as pigmentation, whitening, anti-aging, elasticity etc. Serums and ampoules are essential in Korean skincare step by step routine as they also nourish and supply essential nutrients to the skin.
- Sheet Masks- Korean sheet masks cannot be skipped when thinking about K- beauty products and Korean skincare. Korean face mask sheets are famous worldwide for their effectiveness and vast variety which makes them suitable for every skin type. Skincare routine is incomplete if you do not pamper your skin with these divine mask sheets which are made up of face shaped fabrics and soaked in nourishing serum and nutrients essential for a healthy skin. Good quality mask sheets stay moist for a longer period of time. Plan 36.5 mask sheets are really worth it!
- Eye Cream- Wrinkles and signs of aging are most visible under the eyes. Eye cream will replenish and rejuvenate the delicate skin under your eyes and will also help in reducing dark circles. Regular use of eye cream will moisturize the skin and reduce dryness and dullness.
- Moisturizer- You just cannot miss the face cream in your Korean skincare routine. Depending on the skin type, you can choose the texture of your moisturizer. Regular use of moisturizer will make your skin soft and supple and prevent flaky skin.
- Wear your sunscreen- Direct UV rays damage the collagen of the skin and speed up the process of aging. It is extremely important to wear your sunscreen everyday irrespective of whether you are moving out of the house or not. Do not be under the impression that you can skip the sunscreen while sitting inside the home. Sun Rays can penetrate through window as well and cause damage to the skin.
- Sleeping mask- Night time is the best to give your skin some time to repair. Korean sleeping masks speeds up the process of healing of your skin and keeping it healthy for your everyday routine.